James Madison University
JMU offers an unforgettable university experience for international students, combining the very best of American education and college life. Named after James Madison, the fourth president of the United States, JMU represents the perfect blend of focused learning and true university spirit.The university is situated in the Shenandoah Valley, in Harrisonburg, Virginia, only two hours away from Washington D.C.
Set in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, JMU is a tight-knit community of 22,000 undergraduate and graduate local and international students and 4,000 faculty and staff who come from across the country and around the world. Only two hours from Washington D.C., JMU is fast becoming one of the nation’s [...]
[...] leading lights in higher education. That’s because students enjoy unusually engaged relationships with world-class faculty who are at JMU because they want to pursue knowledge and teach talented students.
What does that mean for you and your future as an international student? A 2014 Gallup survey of more than 29,000 college graduates in the U.S. found that having a professor take a personal interest in them while they were a student leads to a higher sense of purpose and well-being. Gallup also found that JMU alumni score far above the national average on every dimension of well-being, and significantly higher than alumni of the Top 100 colleges and universities in the U.S. News & World Report rankings.
About James Madison University
- #8 best southern regional universities by College Choice
- 91% freshmen retention rate, compared to national average of 72% of all four-year public institutions by ACT report
- 25,0000 students apply each year
- One of the country’s most environmentally responsible colleges by The Princeton Review
- #7 regional Universities South by the U.S News & World Report
At a Glance
- Founded in 1908
- International Students: 500+
- Countries represented: 75+
- Bachelor Degrees: 60+
- Master’s/PHD Degrees: 60+
Tuition and other cost
- Tuition Fee for Undergraduate Students
US $27000 to $29000 dollars per year
- Tuition for Graduate students $22000 to $23000
- Average cost of housing per year $10000
Where to send your exam results?
|SAT 5392||GMAT DIRECT|
|ACT 4370||IELTS DIRECT|
|GRE 5392||TOEFL 5392|
English proficiency requirements
TOEFL iBT 60+
TOEFL iBT 81+
TOEFL iBT 80+
3.0 GPA out of 4.0
2.7 GPA out of 4.0
3.0 GPA out of 4.0